Donnerstag, 28. April 2016

Made With Love




Wore this look to work some day last week ... top: Primark // handmade skirt: flea market // flats: Clarks // repro wickerpurse: flea market // 60s necklace: flea market ...

A cuple of weeks ago I found this lovely skirt during one of my Sunday flea market strolls. when I had it in my hands the first time I was confused, about it being true vintage or repro. One hand it was so well made, the loops to hold the buttons are hand made, the sheer embroidred part looks totally vintage or even more antique, the wool fabric is from great quality ... on the other hand it looked brand new and some seams  looked too modern ... then the seller told me, that she is a learned seamstress and that the skirt is made after an original pattern and from old fabrics she once enherited from her aunt. she was told that the embrouidered fabric was made in the 30s ...
For some reasons the seamstress wasn't so much into wearing this skirt, my luck! since I picked it up I wore it  quite a few times already ... Made with love, worn with love.

3 Kommentare:

Vix hat gesagt…

That skirt is gorgeous! What a tremendous find! xxx

Polyester Princess hat gesagt…

That skirt is a beauty! Lucky you! xxx

Witchcrafted Life hat gesagt…

What a sweet, special piece and story. I often wonder how much handmade and/or repro fashion will find its way into the second hand clothing world as time goes on. It's wonderful that this cute handmade skirt found it's way to you, a vintage adoring person. It was meant to be!

Big hugs,
♥ Jessica