Sonntag, 21. August 2016

Blood and Roses



I wore this dress end of July, the day before my birthday .... 1950s dress: Resales Store // vintage belt: thrifted // shoes: flea market // 50s wickerpurse: thrifted in the US ...

I wear this dress rarely, because it's a bitch (sorry), if it comes to washing. The colour bleeds. 
Just yesterday I had to give it a soak and I did my best. Ice cold water, soap just on the stain  - caused by a belt I wore with it a while ago - and underarm erea ... I was so excited when I saw that the water stayed clear, when I checked on it.
Shock, when I lifted the dress out of the water, a waterfall of blood red water rushed down from the rose boarder of the skirt. Me: Yelling words I don't remember! But right away I turned on the cold water and let it run over the affected parts. Sweat from fear was running over my face. 
In the end I suppose, I was lucky, I just found one spot in the rose boarder that is still redish.

Did you had experiences like this while soaking and handwashing your vintage?

10 Kommentare:

Anonym hat gesagt…

Try putting white vinegar in the water, it may help to fix the dye. Red is the worst colour for running 😔

Pink Haired Princess hat gesagt…

Argh nightmare : ( It's a beauty too.

Polyester Princess hat gesagt…

What a lovely dress, but isn't it awful that the colours bleed ... I'm collcting vintage Barbie dolls and their outfits, and some of the early ones bleed too, espcially the colour red. xxx

Carla hat gesagt…

Oh that dress is gorgeous!! But shame about it being runny! I have a scarf that perpetually runs when I wash it. And I have a lovely Mexican Tourist Jacket I cleaned, and it decided to run when my family friend was trying to be a helper and hung it up .__.; So I have to figure how to fix that issue.

Carla, Tiny Angry Crafts

Janey hat gesagt…

Oh no! That is always a tragedy with dresses! But I am sure many of us know the struggle, and I know I do!

xoxo
-Janey

MarĂ­a Vera hat gesagt…

Has combinado dos de mis prints favoritos. EstĂĄs preciosa! Besos!

MarĂ­a Vera hat gesagt…

Has combinado dos de mis prints favoritos, estĂĄs preciosa. Besos!

Lavender and Twill hat gesagt…

Oh, so glad you could save the dress! it's such a beautiful frock, and I do love the rose border. :) ❤

I actually have had a recent disaster when I was batch cleaning some gloves {stupid me, will learn for next time} and two pair ran... And my white gloves came out pink... T^T So many tears, and dang ~ I really hope I can fix them!

xox,
bonita of Lavender & Twill

Tanith hat gesagt…

What a shame it is such a pain because it is beautiful!

Nicole hat gesagt…

Oh that is so sad- I'm glad you were able to save it! It is such a beautiful dress! I had that happen recently with a blue scarf that had a red flower printed on it- now there are some pink spots :(
The Artyologist