Dienstag, 9. Februar 2016

40s On The Outside - Early 60s On The Inside




This is what I wore to last Sunday's flea market adventures with the hub and a vintage loving friend ... 1940s faux fur cape: Arkona Platz Flea Market // princess coat: traditional turkish fashion store // 50s-60s wool dress: Made In Berlin Store // 90s boots: a shoe vintage store in Berlin-Kreuzberg // 50s purse: flea market // 40s hat: eBay // celluloid brooch: thrifted

I made a new experience the past few months ... people on the street started asking - especially when I'm out with my adorable vintage friend, who doesn't like to get pictured - what era we wear ... I'm for sure not a 'Miss Era Perfect', so I probably end up looking very 40s on the outside but wearing a different era under the coat ... so I never know what to answer those people. Mostly I - for sure make a funny face - and tell them that everything I wear is just *old*. I'm a vintage praline box.

This Post is linked to 

6 Kommentare:

Ivana Split hat gesagt…

what a wonderful dress!!!

http://modaodaradosti.blogspot.ba/

Tanith hat gesagt…

I suppose most people who ask wouldn't know the difference no matter what you told them! I love this look, with all it's amazing eras. People should just say - "I love your outfit, you gorgeous thing" - and leave it at that.

Lavender and Twill hat gesagt…

I've been thinking a lot about the era mixing thing ~ honestly, I love your style, and I think you rock it ~ whatever eras you decide to wear!

I think that putting our own spin on it is exactly what makes it vintage style ~ not just vintage fashion. ❤

xox,
bonita of Lavender & Twill

tubby3pug hat gesagt…

adorable

Anonym hat gesagt…

You look fabulous in this tan/black dress!

The Style Crone hat gesagt…

Your vintage praline box is always exquisite! I have a pair of boots similar to the ones in your photo. Loving your 40's hat. Thank you so much for sharing with Hat Attack!