Donnerstag, 1. Dezember 2016

Evil Dots




Dress, hat and cropped jacket all from the 1940s ...


Dress from the 1950s... Purse probably from the 40s.



dress, shoes, purse and cropped jacket are from the 40s ... beret is modern, brooch from the 50s

I don't like spots ... When you mostly wear true vintage you start to fear dots, pin dots, POLKA dots, DOTS, because this is the print for the so called 50s fashion you find on cheap repros. So if you are a lover of the truest of the true - at a special point - you start to avoid dots of any kind, just not to look repro. Silly isn't it?! Happened to me and as I heard, happened to quite a few vintage lovers more.
But to be true, dots are a true to era print. You really find more then a few true 1950s dresses (where the dots-thing got inspired from) and for sure you find some dots in 40s fashion ...
The past year I came across a few dresses ... with dots. With all three I went through a struggle, if I could deal with the hated print. Everytime I decided that the print shouldn't be an issue to me. The fun thing about those three actually is, that I was so lost into thinking about dots - that I totally igonred the fact that I bought navy with white dots, navy with white-red-ish dots and again ... navy with white dots. 
The dress on the bottom is my favourite out of the dot dress family - I was just able to get my hands on her, as a friend didn't snagged her up earlier ... tatataaa .... because she doesn't like to wear dots anymore. Lucky me.
Dotilicious. Gimme more.

Pictures aare all taken from my Instagram, as I ran out of pictures.

4 Kommentare:

Porcelina hat gesagt…

The thing is, I love dots!! Even before I discovered vintage. So I'm sticking with them!! You look great in them x

Tanith hat gesagt…

Maybe it's because I'm newer to vintage, but I still love all the stereotypical prints! Dots, even cherries. But I can see what you mean. I think the smaller dots are so nice and subtle though, and the colours so classic, that you can't go wrong.

Polyester Princess hat gesagt…

I'm quite partial to dots, so I love all your dresses, but that first one is a real stunner. xxx

Janey hat gesagt…

I am with you on this! Dots, dots, dots! Everywhere dots! It is the cliche that is true... *sigh*

xoxo
-Janey