Sonntag, 28. November 2010

DIY: Was Nicht Passt Wird Passend Gemacht

this could be my favourite dress for these cold cold days ... vintage dress: from my best friend's granny, modified // belt: scarf worn as a belt // boots: buffalo, modified // vintage bag/clutch: thrifted // necklace & pendant: flea market
the first time i wore this dress i liked it - but something wasn't working... it's collar made me look like a little girl at halloween, dressed up like a snow flake or an iceberg. also i wasn't able to wear a necklace or a scarf with this collar. when i came back home from work i suddenly decided to remove it. ... i love this dress that way. it looks very simple now but i m able to combine it with a lot of different scarfs. and you really need to wear a scarf these freezing days.
those buffalo boots were so expensive but i thougth these were so perfect... perfect?! not perfect. i knew they could be perfect without buckles. i defenitly hate buckles on boots anyway... when i removed them with edged sciccors i was in a cold sweat about ruin them... luckily everything went right. and now they're absolutly perfect.

11 Kommentare:

f. hat gesagt…

I don't understand a word you just said, but what a beautiful dress!

Marta hat gesagt…

faaaaabulous!

Anonym hat gesagt…

Oh, dieses Kleid hat wunderschöne Farbe! Mir gefallt der Zuschnitt auch!

Hope Adela Pasztor hat gesagt…

that dress is just so smart and stunning! =)

http://pinkchampagnefashion.blogspot.com/

fashion doctor hat gesagt…

so beautyful dress!lovely outfit!

Anonym hat gesagt…

Das Kleid ist wunderschön. Ich liebe die Farbe.

Vix hat gesagt…

I love that cobalt blue against your blonde hair and those boots are sooo beautiful, I'm a little envious. xxx

mispapelicos hat gesagt…

I am sooooooooooooooo glad that you comment my blog, so I can trace you back to yours. I love what I see very very much.
Such a great idea to remove the big collar, too overpowering. it it fantastic now.
I am following you now. And I shall put you in my blogroll so I wont miss any of your posts
Un abrazo
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

joelle van dyne hat gesagt…

you made some great modifications to your outfit! the dress looks wonderful with the collar removed- you'll have a lot more options for jewelry and scarves. and i like the boots simplified as well. i have an old pair that has a buckle i've been wanting to remove too. maybe time to take the plunge! ~joelle

FutureLint hat gesagt…

Yeah, that collar was a little bit crazy, but it looks so good on you now! THOSE BOOTS! So so perfect! And I feel like they will be in style forever!

ABIGAIL NY hat gesagt…

Love the outfit, the scarf as a belt is genius!

http://themessenger-bag.blogspot.com